Sunshine Script Alphabet & Numbers
Letters and Numbers are Grouped by Similar Strokes
Team C: start like a ‘C’.
Team R: down, up and over.
Team U: down, under and up.
Team L: straight down and diagonal lines.
Driving & Traffic Light Theme
Starting, turning, and stopping points guide students along the stroke path with minimum instruction.
Sunshine Script Improves Efficiency
The cursive forms of uppercase A E M N W and Y are fluid and scripted the same as the lowercase manuscript letter (except e). These efficient forms transition easily to cursive. Why teach additional symbols?
- Letters are unique for easy reading.
- No unnecessary embellishments.
- As little change from manuscript as possible for ease of learning.
- Letters maintain a left-to-right scripting motion.
- Lack of slant avoids difficulties for left-handed students.